If we were to choose one city as the world capital of mobile it would have to be Barcelona. GSMA confirmed this summer the renovation of the city as the host of the Mobile World Congress until 2023.
The dates have recently been confirmed for the Mobile World Congress 2016: February 22 – 25.
More than 2,100 exhibitors are expected to gather in 100,000 square metres across eight exhibition halls to bring attendees the most innovative products and technologies in the mobile industry.
GSMA also announced this week the addition of several keynote speakers for the 2016 edition, including CEOs of leading companies in mobile and adjacent industry sectors.
We have an outstanding line-up of chief executives confirmed for this year’s Mobile World Congress, including several who are first-time keynotes at Barcelona. This year’s speakers will share insights on a range of hot topics in mobile, from mobile identity to the Internet of Things, from digital inclusion to industry disruption, from network evolution to entertainment, among others. Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer at GSMA
The following executives have been confirmed as keynote speakers at Mobile World Congress 2016:
- Jonah Peretti, Founder and CEO, BuzzFeed
- Hans Vestberg, President and CEO, Ericsson
- Ralph de la Vega, President and CEO, AT&T Mobile & Business Solutions
- Anthony Lake, Executive Director, UNICEF
- Guo Ping, Deputy Chairman and Rotating CEO, Huawei
- Gavin Patterson, CEO, BT Group
- Chuck Robbins, CEO, Cisco
- Karim Khoja, CEO, Roshan
- Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO, Stripe
- Johan Dennelind, President and CEO, TeliaSonera
- Vittorio Colao, Chief Executive, Vodafone
- Sir Martin Sorrell, Chief Executive, WPP
- Simon Segars, CEO, ARM
- Mats Granryd, Director General Designate, GSMA
- Dr. Nadia Shouraboura, Founder and CEO, Hointer
- Kate Unsworth, Founder and CEO, Kovert Designs
- Anne Bouverot, Chair and CEO, Morpho (Safran)
- Dan Schulman, President and CEO, PayPal
- Richard Fain, Chairman and CEO, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
For more information on the conference, including the agenda and speakers, visit Mobile World Congress Official Website.
The exhibition will once again allow attendees to explore specialized exhibition areas. The pavilions and zones that will be featured at MWC 2016 include: App Planet exhibition, the GSMA Innovation City, dozens of Country Pavilions, and pavilions that focus on Graphene, Green Technology, IoT, Mobile Cloud, NFC & Mobile Money and Wearables.